Mayesh wants to help you spread the word to your customers about Women’s Day, which takes place on March 8th. If you have never heard of Women’s Day, it is an international holiday that celebrates economic, political, and social achievements of past, present, and future women. Here are some highlights regarding the holiday:
- In 1909, Women’s Day started as an American holiday in New York City.
- It spread to Europe in 1910.
- Russia and Eastern Europe embraced this holiday after the 1917 Revolution.
- It is now the largest flower holiday in these countries exceeding Valentine’s and Mother’s Day combined.
- In 2012, 268 events were held in the USA to inspire women and celebrate their achievements – up from 74 in 2011.
- Watch this video showing how pretty much everyone in Russia buys flowers for Women’s Day: http://youtu.be/H4-jpcz9y0E
Can you imagine such a holiday in which people from all walks of life purchase flowers to celebrate all of the important women in their lives? If you would like to explore the possibilities and promote the holiday within your shop, we have created marketing assets to help you. Please feel free to download the materials at no cost to you. You will find the following items (in both JPG and PDF formats):
- 16×20 Poster
- 8.5×11 Flier
- 4.25×6 Postcard Front
- Facebook Timeline Cover
The .jpg files are optimized for print, not web, so the colors will show a little differently online. For what the true colors look like be sure to look at the .pdf files. Also, if you don’t have a company that you typically use for printing, we often usehttp://www.uprinting.com/.
Lastly, if you are looking for some different design options, as well as ideas for social media posts, press release, promotional ideas, etc., be sure to check out all of the resources provided by SAF at: http://www.safnow.org/womensday.