Destination weddings and events are hot, hot, hot! Did you know that 24% of all weddings are destination weddings? Mayesh Wholesale Florist participates in many destination events throughout the year, so much so that we have a program called, Mayesh Destination Events. Be sure to check it out if you are or will be involved with such events, we would love to be your floral partner!
At The Special Event earlier this year in Chicago, I sat in a session all about destination wedding trends given by Jo Anne V. Brown of a Celebrations, a destination management company. Here are some highlights from the program . . .
Top Locations for all types of events:
The Caribbean is ranked the number one destination wedding location.
- You are often planning destination weddings probably more than you think
- Your mind set has to be slightly different from planning a local wedding and your clients are paying for your expertise
- Do your research to find local vendors to save money as this is much cheaper than flying in talent
- Destination clients typically spend more money per guest but you need to get more bang for the buck
If you want to break into the destination market, then create a location wish list and work on becoming the expert in those areas.
Destination weddings and events really focus on all of the details – big & small – to make the whole trip an experience for your clients and their guests. Details that you may want to think about:
- find out the couples favorite drink and have it waiting for them upon arrival
- shuttle service
- scheduled adventures – cooking classes, salsa dancing, tours
- Use interesting and elegant furniture that enhances the event’s look
- No banquet style receptions – think signature cocktails & appetizers, unique soda pops, stations, pre-ceremony cocktails, guacologists, mixologists, retro cocktails, breakfast foods in the evening, etc
- be a trendsetter, don’t be afraid to stand out ,and don’t be afraid to push your clients to have their own unique wedding and to not just copy what they are seeing
Connect with Celebrations:
So now you may know a bit more about destination wedding and events. If you aren’t already, will you be marketing your company to grab this piece of the pie?