Your business is on Instagram, and you’re fairly active on the platform (and if you’re not on Instagram, what are you waiting for?!) But do you ever wonder if you could be doing anything more to really have a successful profile, one that can help drive business? Read on for a summary of our top 10 tips from our last Mornings with Mayesh in which Yvonne reviewed a handful of florists’ Instagram pages.
Editing your Profile
- Make sure your Instagram is a business profile! In order to do this, you will need a Facebook page for your business, but that’s something you should have anyway!
- Include your business’s location in the description – at a minimum include the city and state.
- Utilize the “Contact Options” on your Instagram feed – email, address, phone number.
- Make sure that if you utilize the directions button created with the address section of “Contact Options”, that it is using a real address and not just a city.
- Include your website URL – it is highly recommended to have your own website as opposed to Facebook as your website. If Instagram and Facebook disappeared tomorrow, so would your digital footprint – avoid this with your own customized site!
Posting and Engagement
- Utilize geo-special hashtags as well as regular hashtags.
- Engage with followers by responding to their comments.
- Ask questions in your captions to prompt engagement from your audience.
- Include CTAs (call to action) in your Stories, such as Swipe Up, to direct viewers to your website.
- Post Stories on a regular basis, and add Stories with great content to Highlights. Check out our post Why You Should be Using Instagram Stories for more pointers on utilizing Stories!
Have any other great tips to show off your brand on Instagram? Share them in the comments below!