In the past we have hosted a Mayesh Lonely Bouquet Design Day, BUT we always struggled to find the best day to host the event that works with everyone’s schedule. Seeing that finding one perfect day is impossible paired with a suggestion to have a Lonely Bouquet Design Week, we decided to run with the idea! Please mark your calendars to join us during June 20 – 24 to design your own Lonely Bouquet.
For those of you who are not familiar with The Lonely Bouquet, here is a quick summary: it is a global initiative with a goal of making strangers happy with flowers. Participants create a small bouquet, add a “take me” tag, and leave the bouquet somewhere public to be found and taken home. It’s a simple but powerful idea.
I was able to connect with Emily Avenson, of Fleuropen, who launched (inter)National Lonely Bouquet Day back in 2013 to encourage participation from others. I asked Emily how she came up with the name “Lonely Bouquet” and she said, “… I tried to think of something that would appeal to the average passer-by. People often hesitate to take the flowers, and the word “lonely” seemed like something that would trigger an empathetic response and encourage someone to take the flowers home, whether they “need” them or not.”
Emily wanted emphasize “the importance of spreading happiness, love, and good. Whether you choose to participate in the Lonely Bouquet project or find your own special way of cultivating kindness, the world we live in can use all of the flower-power that we have. It might seem silly to think that a small bunch of flowers can make a difference… but it can, and it does.”
Here are the event details:
June 20-24, 2016 (during store hours)
At all Mayesh locations nationwide
LONELY BOUQUET DESIGN DAY DETAILS
Mayesh will provide an array of flowers free of charge to design your lonely bouquet on June 20-24, 2016.Local Mayesh customers must come to their Mayesh location to design their bouquet.
- For shipping customers, please let your Mayesh rep know that you are interested in participating and they can pull together some blooms for the bouquet to ship with your order.
- Shipping customer must submit a photo of their completed Lonely Bouquet to email@example.com.
- Mayesh will provide Lonely Bouquet tags to attach. Please bring a business card that you can attach as well.
- Besides Mayesh flowers, designs may contain any other accessories and use any container, as long as it is provided by the designer.
- For shipping customers, we recommend you ship an order ahead of time. Please work with your sales rep on the details; participants assume freight costs.
Participants must be current customers of Mayesh Wholesale Florist and in good standing.
- Submitted photos become the property of Mayesh Wholesale and may be used for promotion and publicity.
Photo: @somethingtender https://www.instagram.com/somethingtender/
Bouquet: @studiolafleur https://www.instagram.com/studiolafleur/