Mayesh is hiring!
Mayesh Wholesale Florist Inc. has an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Charlotte, NC team. We are a direct shipper and wholesale supplier of high quality cut flowers from around the world – we sell wholesale flowers. Mayesh is searching for an experienced Supply Buyer, an individual with a positive attitude that places a high priority on efficiency and friendly service. We are passionate about our people, and about providing the best products and most reliable service in the industry.
The Supply Buyer is responsible for planning, selecting and procuring a wide range of floral products for the branch to sell to its customers. The Supply Buyer must consider the following factors when making purchasing decisions:
- Customer demand, price, quality and availability
- Daily inventory levels
- Market trends
- Company policy and business strategy
Buyers source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive. By fully understanding customer needs and by maintaining a connection to the marketplace, the Supply Buyer can contribute to branch sales and profitability. Keeping up to date with market trends and reacting to changes in demand are key elements of the role.
In addition position requires support for the Manager and helps monitor the daily functions of the Branch. Rate of pay will Depend on Experience.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise fresh / hard-goods at the best possible price and in volumes appropriate to meet customer demand
- Inventory Control – Keep inventory controlled by adjusting to the ebb and flow of the daily and seasonal business
- Prepare purchase orders
- Negotiate, evaluate, and administer standing orders, seasonal orders and other agreements with suppliers
- Monitor shipments to make sure that product comes in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Maintain and review items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, vendors and other external sources
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with vendors
- Keeping up to date on new floral varieties and trends relevant to the performance of the job
- Team building, encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Making every effort to maximize both present and long term sales and gross profits
- Keeping face-to-face contact with your sales people and you must stay current on financial data and inventory
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Active Listening
- Judgement and Decision making
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for other current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Effective communicator with team members, suppliers and customers
- This position works in an office setting
- Working with computers
- This position works regularly in a warehouse setting
- This position works sometimes inside a cooler with temperatures ranging between 32 and 45 degrees
- This role routinely uses warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks
- This position requires the use of sharp tools such as knives, cutters and tape dispensers
- This position requires lifting heavy items
- This position requires climbing warehouse ladders
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
Mayesh offers great benefits including: competitive salary, health, dental, vision, life/LTD, 401K company matching plan, vacation and sick pay.