At Mayesh, we pride ourselves on being a leading distributor in the wholesale flower industry by providing beautiful and unique flowers to many of the country’s top wedding and event florists, and offering exceptional customer service. Mayesh is a dynamic and growing company, currently employing 350 people nationwide!
This is a full-time position that offers great benefits including: competitive salary, bonus, health, dental, vision, life/LTD and 401K match.
The Senior Accountant role is an integral member of the growing Finance & Accounting (F&A) team. We are looking for a motivated, forward-thinking F&A professional who is well-versed in GAAP, the financial close process, drafting financial statements, and variance analysis. The position will work directly with the Controller and offers room for growth within the organization as we continue to grow and expand as a company.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Work directly with external CPAs as required and provide the necessary documentation and guidance
- Preparation of shared cost allocation schedules
- Posting month end/year end journal entries
- Preparation of monthly/annual account reconciliations
- Assist in the annual operating and capital budgeting process
- Perform Ad Hoc analyses
- Work with controller on executing cost saving initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-3 years of experience with a Top 10 public accounting firm – preferably with a mid-market client base
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented with good communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills
- Experience working with wholesalers/distributors is a plus
If you are interested please submit your resume. We want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status or any other legally protected status under applicable law or other similar factors that are not job related. We participate in E-verify.