At Mayesh, we pride ourselves on being a leading distributor in the wholesale flower industry by providing beautiful and unique flowers to many of the country’s top wedding and event florists, and offering exceptional customer service. Mayesh is a dynamic and growing company, currently employing 350 people nationwide!
This is a full-time position that offers great benefits including: competitive salary, bonus, health, dental, vision, life/LTD and 401K match.
The Branch Buyer is responsible for planning, selecting and procuring a wide range of floral products for the branch to sell to its customers. The Branch Buyer must consider the following factors when making purchasing decisions on customer demand, price, quality and availability, daily inventory levels, and market trends. Buyer is responsible for sourcing new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the best possible price and in volumes appropriate to meet customer demand
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review sales requisitions for goods and services
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and suppliers reputation and history
- Negotiate, evaluate, and administer standing orders, seasonal orders and other agreements with suppliers
- Monitor shipments to make sure that product comes in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Maintain and review items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, trade journals, and internet sites and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services
- Interview vendors and visit supplier’s farms and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences and seminars to network with suppliers when appropriate
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by phone, e-mail, or in person
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, vendors and other external sources
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with vendors
- Keeping up to date on new floral varieties and trends relevant to the performance of the job
- Team building, encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Judgment and Decision making
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Floral experience
- Experience in purchasing
- Team player
- Ability to stand, walk, and crouch or kneel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Flexible schedule
- Previous office experience
- Competent computer skills including: excel, word, MS Office
- This position may involves: long periods of sitting; frequent stooping, and bending
- This position may require work in a warehouse setting.
- This position may work inside a cooler with temperatures ranging between 32 and 45 degrees
- This role may use warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, heavy equipment
- This position may require the use of sharp tools such as knives and cutters
- This position routinely uses standard office equipment
If you are interested please submit your resume. We want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status or any other legally protected status under applicable law or other similar factors that are not job related. We participate in E-verify.