Floral Branch Manager
At Mayesh, we pride ourselves on being a leading distributor in the wholesale flower industry by providing beautiful and unique flowers to many of the country’s top wedding and event florists, and offering exceptional customer service. Mayesh is a dynamic and growing company, currently employing 350 people nationwide!
This is a full-time position that offers great benefits including: competitive salary, bonus, health, dental, vision, life/LTD and 401K match.
Branch Manager provides leadership for the company’s primary operating unit and profit. Oversees daily operations, builds and maintains a positive employee culture, ensures that customer needs are met, and strives to achieve sales and profit targets in support of the company’s overall financial objective. The goal is to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of Mayesh products
- Review performance data (financial, sales and activity reports) to monitor and measure branch productivity
- Responsible for the achievement of department/division/unit productivity and quality goals
- Oversee efficient deliveries/routes
- Provide oversight to ensure effective:
- Management and rotation of inventory
- Quality control
- Care and handling
- Attractive, efficient and organized merchandising of product
- Vendors – seasonal availability, product logistics, value and quality etc.
- Minimal dump of product
- Accurate and timely physical inventory counts; fresh – weekly, supply bi-annual
- Set and/or approve sales pricing
- Monitor customer support
- Plan and support sales and marketing activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide leadership and vision to branch and its employees for the purpose of advancing corporate goals, branch performance, and customer relations
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the work of the branch
- Ensure effective execution of business plans
- Employee relations
- Employee development and training for achieving maximum potential
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- Scheduling, determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Measure and report the effectiveness or warehousing activities and employees performance
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Maintain IIPP compliance
- Ensuring customer and employee safety within the work place
- Accountability of Gross Profit Margin
- Review financial statements and data with senior management
- Strive to achieve or exceed budgeted financial goals
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Involves: long periods of sitting; frequent stooping, and bending
- This position works in a warehouse setting.
- This position works inside a cooler with temperatures ranging between 32 and 45 degrees
- This role routinely uses warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, heavy equipment
- This position requires the use of sharp tools such as knives and cutters
- Extended hours as needed
If you are interested please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status or any other legally protected status under applicable law or other similar factors that are not job related. We participate in E-verify.