Mayesh Wholesale Florist is a leading national distributor of fresh floral products. We offer our customers beautiful flowers sourced from top growers around the world. We are proud to serve many of the country’s top wedding and event florists. Mayesh is a progressive company and prides itself on exceptional customer service. We are a dynamic and growing company and employ nearly 400 people nationwide.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Manager of our Miami branch. The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Branch Manager to oversee the day to day execution of the business.
Our ideal candidate will have management experience, along with organizational and problem solving abilities. Interpersonal skills will also be very useful as the position requires active engagement with sales and operational personnel as well as customer interaction. Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure our location operates efficiently and that our customers we keep our customers happy.
The Assistant Manager works with the Manager to oversee the core functions of the business, including sales, purchasing and operations. The Assistant Manager will oversee and coordinate daily branch activities and allow the Manager to focus increasingly on business development and growth.
- Assist the manager in organizing, planning and implementing strategy
- Coordinate daily operations (sales processes, orders, purchasing, and distribution)
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Monitor and maintain inventory
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Coach and support new and existing employees
- Monitor operating costs, budgets and resources
- Suggest training programs and techniques
- Communicate with customers and evaluate their needs
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust product positioning
- Handle complaints from customers
- Research emerging products and use information to update the merchandise
- Create reports, analyze and interpret retail data, like revenues, expenses and competition
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the location is functionable and presentable
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Fill in for the Branch Manager when needed
- Proven experience as an Assistant Manager or similar position
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
- Proficient user of MS Office
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field a plus
This is a full-time position that offers great benefits including: competitive salary, bonus, health, dental, vision, life/LTD and 401K match.
If you are interested please submit your resume. We want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status or any other legally protected status under applicable law or other similar factors that are not job related. We participate in E-verify.