At Mayesh, we pride ourselves on being a leading distributor in the wholesale flower industry by providing beautiful and unique flowers to many of the country’s top wedding and event florists, and offering exceptional customer service. Mayesh is a dynamic and growing company, currently employing 350 people nationwide!
This is a full-time position that offers great benefits including: competitive salary, bonus, health, dental, vision, life/LTD and 401K match.
If you are interested please submit your resume. We want to hear from you!
Provides clerical support to the branch to maintain an efficient office environment, and obtains payment for goods by itemizing and totaling customer’s purchases.
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Take and distribute accurate messages
- Greet Clients
- Coordinate messenger and courier service
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Monitor incoming emails and faxes
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Fax, scan and copy documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such contact lists and client information
- Update and maintain internal staff contact lists
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Keep office area clean and tidy
- Must have basic computer skills, effective oral and written communications skills, accurate filing ability, typing/data-entry skills, and the ability to work independently within a team concept.
- Professional attitude; effective interpersonal communication skills; attention to detail; dependability.
- Other duties as required
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
- Responsible for closing out sales day and CC batch
- Prepare cash deposits for Bank
- Petty Cash Distribution
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customer
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number; operating credit card authorization system.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift, as well as operating safe.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Data entry
- Numeracy and literacy
- Organization and planning
- Work management and prioritizing
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous office experience may be requested
- Competent computer skills including: excel, word, MS Office
- Flexible work schedule
- Involves: long periods of sitting; frequent stooping, and bending
- This position may require work in a warehouse setting.
- This position operates in a professional office environment. Involves: long periods of sitting
- This position routinely uses standard office equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status or any other legally protected status under applicable law or other similar factors that are not job related. We participate in E-verify.
|Job Category||Clerical, General|