Here’s the latest information from our Mayesh purchasing team! They are such a wealth of knowledge and hope that you enjoy the latest Mayesh Flower 411!
Peony: coral and a little hot pink available the very beginning of April. All peonies beginning next week will be Dutch.
Japan: Ranunculus and sweet peas ended earlier than normal due to warm weather.
- Spirea – we will have a few next week and than gap for 2.
- Long cherry – is done after next week and med we will have for 2 more weeks.
- Forsythia – has 3 more weeks.
- Viburnum – is still green house grown but very nice.
- Camellia – has 2 more weeks and will not make it for Mothers Day.
Italy: we are trying some high-end Ranunculus from Italy to hopefully fill the void from Japan, the shipment of genestra arriving this weekend is the last.
- Cafe au Lait dahlias – VERY LIMITED !!!
- Smilax – limited, we are trying to pick up from KITA, but his production is not as big
- Eriostemon – limited supply
- PROTEA Pink Ice/other pinks/white protea – are finishing.
- Orange banksia – still ok
- Local Bells – looking good again
- Star of Bethlehem – all limited, white, orange, yellow
- Dubium – all limited, white, orange, yellow
- Lisianthus – is starting to come back on with good production locally with white, pink, purple, lavender; yellow and light pink limited; peach and bi-colors are very limited
Amaranthus Upright- very Limited
Chamomile- whites available, yellow limited
Delphinium Belladonna dark and light blue – good production on both
Delphinium Belladonna white – nobody in California grows this
Delphinium Hybrid – starting production
Delphinium Dark blue, purple, lavender – coming on
Delphinium Light blue – limited
Delphinium White – is very limited
Dianthus Green Trick or Green Ball – plentiful, large and lovely
Hypericum Foliage (midnight glow) – finished until the Fall
Iris – plentiful, all colors
Jasmine – not flowering, green vine
Kumquats – finished
Larkspur – plentiful, all colors
Leucadendron Safari – limited and turning green
Oriental Lily Yellow, Yellow Bi-Color and Peach – very very limited
Lily Starfighter – purchasing spoke to two major growers of Starfighter Liles in the US. The news is that Starfighter bulbs are very hard to find and they are switching over to newer varieties similar to Starfighter. The other new varieties they are growing as back-ups are Charming, Dynamite, Starship and Currie. A few smaller vendors will still carry small amounts of Starfighters.
Passion vine with fruit – on for about a month
Queen Anne’s Lace – starting to come back on, starting out it is at a tight cut point
Ranuncula local – still getting them, but hot weather is limiting the production.
Ranuncula Hybrid – same as local ranuncula
Snaps – plentiful, all colors
Statice – plentiful; white and pink limited; yellow and peach very limited
Sterling range – finished
Stock – plentiful, all colors