2018 MDS International Flower Workshop: Quito
March 12 - March 17$700 - $2500
The MDS Flower Workshop is going international! Our 2018 Mayesh Design Star, Kaylee Young, along with Veronica Cicero, a Miami based floral designer, will be traveling to Quito, Ecuador to host our first international workshop. This will be more than just a workshop, but a comprehensive experience for our students.
While staying at a hacienda with a history dating back to 1602, the students will be given the opportunity to visit local farms, tour the beautiful city of Quito, and partake in other activities designed to provide them with a truly immersive experience of a new country and culture.
This workshop is open to creatives of all levels & walks of life that are wanting to learn the art and freedom of floral design, experience the food and culture of Quito and are willing to take time to learn how to push their creativity and art further.
Included in the retreat:
- All materials for the workshop, including flowers, ribbon, and clippers
- Apron & welcome gift
- All meals including 5 dinners, 4 lunches, 4 breakfasts
- Snacks and beverages during the retreat
- 2 days of hands-on floral design instruction and learning
- Tours of top Ecuadorian flower farms
- Ask the experts session with Nicole, Amanda & Logan (photography, publishing & videography)
- Professional headshots & beautifully styled photo shoots
- Ability to use images from shoots for portfolio, website, and social media.
- Trips to the Otavalo Market and Quito Old Town
- Accommodations/lodging at Hacienda Cusin (16 private rooms are available; first come, first serve)
- Access to the Hacienda Cusin scenery
- Cost of event does NOT include airfare
We are happy to say that accommodations at Hacienda Cusin are included in the price of this event! There are 12 single rooms available and will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Attendees are responsible for all airfare arrangements. Mayesh will arrange transfers to/from the airport as well as will provide transportation to the different venues during the workshop.
Once you’ve signed up for the workshop we’ll add you to our private Facebook group.
- Tools and materials will be supplied
- Must RSVP 30 days in advance
- Payment is required at the time of RSVP’ing
- All participants MUST stay at Hacienda Cusin during this event
PAYMENT DETAILS/FINE PRINT
By sending payment the attendee agrees to the workshop terms:
- A minimum of 10 students is required for workshop.
- You must purchase your workshop ticket by January 21, 2018.
- Your seat is reserved for (1) attendee only, please do not bring friends/spouse/children to the workshop.
- Payments can be made via credit card.
- Workshop deposits and payments are non-refundable so please ensure that you can attend
- $2500: Workshop, plus accommodations, transfers to/from airport are included (we can offer 12 single rooms; first come, first serve)
*Daily items in schedule are subject to change slightly
Cancellation Policy: If you sign up please be sure you are able to come. The workshop is non-refundable unless you can find someone to take your place. We strongly advise you to purchase travel insurance in the unlikely event of natural disasters, or other unforeseen events.
We are happy to offer a payment plan option for those who need it! If you would like to request to arrange a payment plan please email email@example.com. With a payment plan, a non-refundable deposit of $1000 reserves your seat at the workshop and the remaining balance is due one month before the workshop begins.