Posts Tagged “Kristin Banta”
Hopefully, you didn’t miss yesterday’s live chat with Kristin Banta. If you did, do not despair, as we have the replay below for you, along with a list of questions that were covered. She was amazing! Kristin is so easy to talk to, but most importantly she is passionate about what she does and loves to share her wisdom when it comes to branding, event design, color, clients and so much more! My kind of person! Please watch and share with your fellow flower & event friends!
- How did you start your brand?
- How has your brand evolved over time?
- What do you think are the most important parts about developing a consistent brand to reach your target clients? And who is your target client? When filming the Wedding Party you had said that your minimum is $150,000 and you have done as large as $1,000,000…. is this still true today?
- Can you explain what your initial consultation/planning process is like when you first meet a new client or couple, and how you determine if you want to work with them?
- How much influence do you have on the event design, and how do you help steer your clients in certain directions so that you can have the creative license to put on the best event possible?
- In today’s world of Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media outlets, clients & brides often come to the table with a set idea on what they want. How do you push them to be unique and think beyond what might be “on trend” at that point in time?
- I know you’re not afraid of color, which is so refreshing! Tell us a bit about your process when asked to design around a color or theme?
- What do you think of this year’s Pantone Color of the Year?
- How important do you think the color of the year actually is? Do you find it to be accurate and an inspiration in your designs throughout the year?
- I like your “there is no rules” mantra … what are some of your favorite rules to break?
- Chris Clark: I’ve heard you speak several times about your philosophy of “narrative” designing. When does the budget conversation happen in that process?
- Carol Mason of Romp Events: We are receiving so many requests for garlands (along the aisle, on the table tops, etc.) which greenery has a long shelf life to provide us a longer work time before the day of?
- Marcela Bogado Dhar: Living walls are starting to be a requested for corporate events and weddings. Any suggestions on cost budgeting for us?
- Regina: Is there a specific software package you suggest for doing presentations and combining pictures?
- Wireaccents: How did you become an event designer? What is trending at the moment? And what are you forecasting for 2018 trends?
- Theweddingladyindy: Have you had a client that was not overjoyed with her work? If yes, how do you react to a client not totally overwhelmed?
- Avalorendesign: What trends have you set that others are following?
Guys, I’m super excited about our next live chat!! You don’t even know how excited and I will admit, a little nervous! Join me as I chat live with Kristin Banta, the founder and Creative Director of Kristin Banta Events on June 13 at 4 pm EST / 1 pm PST!
If you have ever had questions for those designers you may have seen on TV or those who are behind the luxe events you see in magazines, then this is a must attend and must participate event!
KBE’s work has received many awards and has been featured on the Hallmark Channel, Bravo, Style Network, TNT, SYFY, Food Network, Fox, NBC, and in countless publications including Martha Stewart Weddings, InStyle Weddings, Los Angeles Times, Life & Style, LA Confidential, Frontiers Magazine, The Knot, Inside Weddings, Southern Living, Real Simple Weddings, Style Me Pretty, Brides, and Punk Rock Confidential. I posted a quick profile video for KBE below to get to know our speaker a little bit more.
So, what do you want to know? From branding to event design and everything in between, we want to hear what you want to watch (or if you are like me, listen to). Send us your questions for Kristin and we will try to address as many as possible in an hour!
You can use the comment box below, or send any questions you’d love to hear during our chat to email@example.com.
See you Tuesday June 13th @ 4 PM EST / 1 PM PST