Posts Tagged “kelly pull”
It’s the middle of the week and I’m here to get you through it with some more yummy Kelly Pulls! Last week we posted a Behind-the-Scenes look at the way a Kelly/Mayesh Pull works, so be sure to check it out if you haven’t already. And in the meantime, check out these gorgeous blooms!
HIGHLIGHT FLOWERS: Blooming acacia, kumquats, garden roses, daffodils, novelty tulips, ranunculus, hellebores, astilbe, anemones
HIGHLIGHT FLOWERS: Agonis, poppy pods, XL Japanese and Italian ranunculus, fritilaria, scabiosa, hellebores, allium bullet, lilac, novelty tulips, garden roses, astilbe
HIGHLIGHT FLOWERS: Japanese spirea, pasta and gerrondo gerbs, dianthus, sweet peas, anemones, garden roses, amaranthus, hellebores, scabiosa, ranunculus
Based on the number of Instagram likes they rack up (pun intended) I think it’s pretty safe to say that everyone LOVES a good Mayesh Flower Pull. They’re bursting with gorgeous blooms in delicious color palettes, just waiting to be turned into something magical. But what exactly IS a Mayesh Pull? How do they work, and how can you get your hands on one?
Kelly Girard of our LAX shipping department is the creative force behind these pulls, and she let us in on her process! Because the shipping department works virtually with their customers, many designers depend on their sales rep to be their eyes in the cooler, and send them beautiful product without the customer even seeing it in person. There is a great deal of trust that must be established between sales rep & customer, and while everyone has their own way of doing that, “Kelly Pulls” have become her way of working virtually with customers!
Before the actual pull process begins, Kelly gets to know her clients individually – their tastes, their flower preferences, how they work, etc. Our Mayesh Design Star, Christy of Colonial House of Flowers, depends on Kelly Pulls on a consistent basis, and will be the first to explain the excitement she feels when she opens a new Mayesh box filled with goodies hand-picked for her.
Another benefit of these pulls is to give our customers exclusive product opportunities. This is a chance for you to see unusual seasonal flowers that may not be listed on a price list. Mayesh Pulls are also a fabulous way to buy US grown flowers – with the American Grown Pull, our branches have the flexibility to select the “best of the best” that day!
So, without further ado, let’s find out just how it works, and the process that goes into creating those magical racks:
What We Need From You To Get Started…
- The total budget for the order (If you’re a shipping customer, that total should include freight)
- The color palette
- The desired delivery date
- The event date
Additional Information You Can Provide
Suggested, But Not Required…
- Inspiration pictures are one of the most helpful things you can give your Sales Rep. We all see and describe color differently, these help to avoid miscommunication.
- Pictures can be provided in the form of a Pinterest board, the mood board used for your client’s proposal, a few snapshots of arrangements you feel capture the look, or whatever you have to work with. We’re not picky!
- Likes and/or dislikes – love garden roses, hate clematis, focal flowers only, no greens, etc.
- Must haves – anything you or your client specifically require
- Overall theme of the event – romantic garden setting, rustic woodland setting, country barn setting, etc
- Types and number of pieces you need to create: 3 bouts, 3 maids, 1 bridal, 2 altar, etc. This helps us select flowers that will maximize your budget
We Work Together Every Step Of The Way…
- Once the above information is provided, we put together a base order for you to get an idea of the general direction. From there you can add, subtract, or alter anything you like
- The day it ships/you pick up – We pull everything together, hand selecting the best quality/color flowers that fit the style of the order, and arrange them into a display on a rack
- We send a photograph for your approval, giving you a final opportunity to make any changes, and…
- …the order is on its way!
As I’m sure we’ve all experienced before, what you envision and put down on paper doesn’t always come together properly in person. Shades of flowers can shift throughout the seasons, quality can shift from week to week, cost can shift day by day.
The advantage of a Mayesh Pull is that you are being guided by the industry’s finest to ensure you have the best quality flowers that flow in a cohesive color palette.
And the best part is… it fits within your budget!
Though these pulls were first started by Kelly as a solution for the virtual nature of our shipping department, lucky for you, many of our other branches & sales reps have started creating their own! Check out the hashtag #mymayeshpull to see what everyone’s doing, and be sure to ask your rep about them!
We hope this post helped you understand the process a bit more, and stay tuned for some exciting news regarding Mayesh Pulls!