Posts Tagged “FDC2013”
For the first time this year at the WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference, members were asked to create fun commercials to showcase throughout the event. We threw around so many ideas and finally settled on the video you see below. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did creating it!
Have any great commercial ideas for us? Share them in the comments below. Thanks!!
On the last day of the WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference Kevin Ylvisaker AIFD, CFD, PFCI, CAFA presented his thoughts on “The Latest Floral Trends”. Below I have some highlights and a link to his presentation. Enjoy!
- Color Trends:
- blues, greens, grays with a touch of sand – think tranquil beach scene with a heavy influence with a deep rich blue
- bright colors
- gem & jewel tones
- yellow and gray – currently, one of my personal faves as this is the color palette I choose for our baby’s nursery!
- Plant Trends:
- Terrariums – I’ve definitely been seeing the popularity of terrariums grow over the last year and hope they stay around for a while.
- Succulents – surely an ongoing trend that we all love hear at Mayesh!
- Design Trend:
- Steampunk – I’ve been seeing this type of design emerge over the last couple of years from events to furniture. One of our Design Star contestants even designed a steampunk succulent boutonniere, which was super cool!
- Kevin also conducted some research on his own by utilizing his connections with fellow florists to give us insight on wholesale flower purchasing trends and consumer buying trends.
What are you seeing as emerging or on-going floral trends? Post your comments below…
While at this year’s Proflora Fair, Florverde® Sustainable Flowers interviewed our CEO, Patrick Dahlson, about his thoughts on sustainability within the flower industry. Watch the video here:
What are your thoughts on this subject? Do you see sustainable flowers as a growing trend and an issue that your customers are concerned with?