Posts Tagged “demographics”
Did you know that demographics are dead? Well, I wouldn’t go that far, but I did attend a cool session at Catersource/Event Solutions (CSES2013) all about utilizing pyschographics presented by Daniela Ferdico Faget, Psy.D, Cerebral Artisan, Bella Signature Design, Bainbridge Island, WA.
First, what is psychographics? According to Dictionary.com psychographics is “the use of demographics to determine the attitudes and tastes of a particular segment of a population, as in marketing studies.” It takes in account values, personality, and interests so that you can tailor your marketing endeavors. Below are a few pointers from Daniela to get started on how to optimize your efforts using psychographics to grow your floral, wedding and event business:
- Everyone is different and even if you have, for example, an Indian client. It is important to find out what type of Indian so that you know what they need or want.
- How do you find out the information you need?
- Google Analytics
- Before consultation:
- Have your clients fill out an online or emailed questionnaire
- Search for them in LinkedIn, Google, Pinterest, etc.
- Creating personas is a great way to ensure you know your potential customers and set up dialogs/actions that will be suite those personas.
- Give follow-up gifts to clients that they really want.
- Daniela give a candle that reflects each of Bella’s brands that matches the persona of each client. This says: “Hey, I think we are a good match!”
- Also, Daniela sends a brochure that was created specifically for each persona.
- If you are doing a show be sure to know the audience so that your booth design will be geared to them.
- Facebook ads are a great way to do specified target marketing because you can select a very specific group when setting up your ad.
How do you use demographics and psychographics for your business?