Posts Tagged “culture”
We all know about Zappos and maybe you have even bought a few pairs of shoes from their site. Either way, Zappos is at the top of the class for its business practices and corporate culture. So it was a treat to have Jon Wolske, a Zappos culture evangelist, speak at this year’s WFFSA Floral Distribution Conference! Anne Mansour attended the session and here are her notes below. As you are reading the short recap, I’d love to hear from you on how you create a culture of care or how you deliver “wow” to your customers. Share your stories in the comments below!
Jon’s mantra is, “ a 1% change can change the world!” He works among co-workers who care, creating a “culture of care” within the company. The culture of care drives employee productivity, customer service, and believing in the brand. Zappos is a company that is committed to the culture of the employees. Here are their core values:
- Deliver “wow” through service
- Embrace and drive change
- Create fun and a little weirdness
- Be adventurous, creative, and open-minded
- Pursue growth and learning
- Build open and honest relationships w/ communication
- Passionate and determined
- Be humble
- Living with a purpose everyday
- Helping people
- Providing customer service and culture through camaraderie
- Coaching people to match the values of the company
You may not have been able to attend this session, but I did find a video of Jon Wolske at TEDxLoyolaMarymountU talking about “The Importance of Being Intentional with Your Culture”. Enjoy!