Posts Tagged “costume”
I know you all love to see floral art and fashion! Kelly from our LA Shipping Department sent over pictures of a floral dress created by Amanda Tucker, designer for Blossoms at Biltmore Park in Asheville, NC. The dress was designed as her entry in the Asheville Community Theatre’s Annual Costume Drama Competition – not only did she win in her individual category but she took home the grand title of Best In Show. Congrats Amanda!!
Here are the dress details:
- Dress components are composed of 98% Mayesh wholesale flowers.
- The entire dress is re-enforced with burlap.
- The hat, collar accents, and backside are made of woven dogwood, spray roses, begonia foliage, explosion grass, agonis, cotinus, scabiosa pods, millet, anthurium, blushing bride protea, Juliet garden roses, pasta wheat, bird’s nest fern, and papyrus
- The collar and fringes at the cuff are made out of dried pampas grass
- The midsection is made out of red and black ti leaves
- It took 24 hours to complete the construction of the live floral components