Posts Tagged “color trends”
On the last day of the WF&FSA Floral Distribution Conference Kevin Ylvisaker AIFD, CFD, PFCI, CAFA presented his thoughts on “The Latest Floral Trends”. Below I have some highlights and a link to his presentation. Enjoy!
- Color Trends:
- blues, greens, grays with a touch of sand – think tranquil beach scene with a heavy influence with a deep rich blue
- bright colors
- gem & jewel tones
- yellow and gray – currently, one of my personal faves as this is the color palette I choose for our baby’s nursery!
- Plant Trends:
- Terrariums – I’ve definitely been seeing the popularity of terrariums grow over the last year and hope they stay around for a while.
- Succulents – surely an ongoing trend that we all love hear at Mayesh!
- Design Trend:
- Steampunk – I’ve been seeing this type of design emerge over the last couple of years from events to furniture. One of our Design Star contestants even designed a steampunk succulent boutonniere, which was super cool!
- Kevin also conducted some research on his own by utilizing his connections with fellow florists to give us insight on wholesale flower purchasing trends and consumer buying trends.
What are you seeing as emerging or on-going floral trends? Post your comments below…