In the past, our Mayesh Design Stars have helped us produce educational design videos to help teach and inspire our customers. This year, we’re shaking things up and have decided to give our community a more immersive and hands-on experience. That’s where our 2017 Mayesh Design Star Workshop Tour comes in! Our 2017 winner, Christy Hulsey of Colonial House of Flowers, will be traveling to different Mayesh branches throughout the year to teach educational workshops, giving students a great opportunity to network, explore floral design, and brush up on social media and marketing tactics from a marketing genius herself. All levels of experience welcome!
A bit more about our fabulous Design Star: Christy Hulsey runs a very successful flower shop and wedding & event business in Georgia that has been around for fifty years. Through a total re-branding overhaul, Christy helped resurrect her beloved family business and has turned it into what it is today. Colonial House of Flowers has been featured on many top wedding and design blogs, which comes as no surprise with her gorgeous, lush florals & eye for design.
Watch the video below from our inaugural MDS Flower Workshop held in Los Angeles to get a taste of what is in store for you.
2017 TOUR DATES
JANUARY 17 - LOS ANGELES, CA
MAY 23 - SAN DIEGO, CA
SEPTEMBER 13 - PHOENIX, AZ
MARCH 21 - CLEVELAND, OH
JUNE 20 - HOUSTON, TX
OCTOBER 17 - PORTLAND, OR
APRIL 25 - NORCROSS, GA (ACCENT DECOR)
JULY 11 - CHARLOTTE, NC
NOVEMBER 14 - DETROIT, MI
- Welcome, check-in, and introductions
- Wedding & event-centric demonstrations that will include compote style centerpiece, garland design, and garden-style bouquet
- Discussion of Mayesh flower pulls and how Christy utilizes this service
- Design your own centerpiece to take home
- Learn how to generate revenue from social media as well as why great styling is a must
- Apply social media and styling tips
- A professional photographer will capture images of your designs and of the group
- Catered meal will provide more time to connect & network with fellow flower aficionados
INVESTMENT & DETAILS
- Total investment is $400 for a 6-hour workshop
- Learn from a Mayesh Design Star who has vast experience with both events and everyday flowers
- Work with the best seasonal flowers Mayesh has to offer
- Take home the vessel that you designed in
- Add professional photographs to your design portfolio
- Please bring your own tools
- Must RSVP 14 days in advance
- Payment is required at the time of RSVP'ing
The workshop with Christy was a wonderful experience from working with the gorgeous luxe blooms to sharing our flower stories, learning new design techniques, delicious food, photo tips, & having our arrangements professionally photographed under the most awesome hanging installation & staging set-up.
Mayesh design star flower workshop presented an opportunity to work with some of the best contemporary floral products while being taught new design techniques. It was a great professional career development workshop.
This was the workshop I needed to get back my creative spark and help me look at my shop in a new way.
Mayesh's flowers were like nothing I have seen before. Such beautiful quality. What a wonderful way to learn with top notch product and inspirational people.
The flowers were amazing, the venue was outstanding. The layout and forum were very well thought out.
THANK YOU TO OUR TOUR SPONSORS!
MAYESH DESIGN STAR WORKSHOP TOUR MOMENTS